CLEVENGER ASSOCIATES ACQUIRES MVP SERVICES GROUP
Merger will expand the foodservice consultancy’s reach in the Midwest and add robust consulting services to its decades-long reputation for superior design
PUYALLUP, WASH. (April 12, 2017) – Clevenger Associates, a West Coast-based foodservice consultancy, announced it has merged with MVP Services Group, in Dubuque, Iowa, to expand its consulting and design services in the Midwest. The merger, which was finalized March, 1st, will also help Clevenger supplement its award-winning design projects with an even stronger focus on management advisory consulting.
Led by veteran foodservice consultant and industry leader Ed Norman, FCSI, (PP), MVP Services Group offers more than 30+ years of both management advisory and design expertise for all segments of the foodservice industry with a concentration in the Chicago and central U.S. markets. In addition to the Midwest office, Clevenger’s portfolio includes offices in Seattle, New York, the Middle-East, the Philippines and, most recently, California.
“We are thrilled to combine forces with the highly reputable MVP Services Group,” said Brent Hall, Vice President, at Clevenger Associates. “Clevenger’s 44 years of history combined with MVP’s 19-plus years of consulting operations experience will bring expanded know-how and greater value to our existing client base while growing our capabilities in other areas of the country.”
“The merger offers a great opportunity for us to provide our long-time clients with even more hands-on support as part of a larger firm with robust design, technology and customer service capabilities,” said Eric Norman, Vice President of MVP Services Group, who will transition into the role of Vice President, Midwest Division, at Clevenger Associates.
Ed Norman will serve as Director of Management Advisory Services and Senior Designer with Clevenger. Clevenger Midwest will continue to service clients MVP has had for two decades, while also seeking to develop new business in the Midwest.
Clevenger Midwest’s portfolio includes clients in all segments of the foodservice industry, from full-service, independent restaurants to multi-unit operators and large chains as well as non-commercial operators such as schools, colleges and universities, casinos, hotels, and business & industry outlets. Addressing the latest trends in food preferences, equipment development, utility conservation and food handling techniques will remain at the forefront of Clevenger’s mission.
In addition, as more architects work with the 3D BIM design software Revit, the enhanced design production team will continue to respond to clients’ changing needs while also staying ahead of the curve of technology trends.
With decades of experience in both the U.S. and abroad, the newly expanded Clevenger Associates is poised to meet and exceed future demands of a rapidly changing, global foodservice industry.
More About Clevenger Associates:
Since its inception forty years ago, Clevenger Associates has grown to be a premier international food service and laundry design consulting organization with offices in Washington, New York and the Philippines. The firm’s expertise is in both the commercial and institutional arenas. Its diversity keeps the company in touch with the latest trends in food preferences, equipment, development, utility conservation and techniques in food handling.
The company brings to clients experience learned from literally hundreds of successful facilities design around the globe. On every continent are facilities where its “heart of the house” solutions help operators keep costs in line. Clientele includes many outstanding operators, developers and architects.
The firm offers a wide scope of consulting and design services. The extent of specific services provided on each project is dependent on the complement of the design team. Typically the company’s experts participate in the evaluation of appropriate food service concepts and prepare space programs covering both public and back of the house areas. These programs are then translated into layouts and plans to support the rest of the design team. Details and specifications are prepared to competitively purchase then fabricate food and beverage equipment. Support through installation including punch lists is provided.
- Imaginative design solutions reflecting many options unveiled by the firm’s extensive experience. The company is sensitive to collective input of the design team, functional needs of the operator and the financial goals of ownership.
- Project management, which keeps project design and construction on schedule and within budget.
- Totally non-biased judgments in equipment selection, design and layouts. The firm’s only remuneration comes from client fees. The firm’s loyalty is to its clients.
- Creative cutting edge concepts employing appropriate new technology as a benefit of Clevenger Associates strategic planning studios.
- Providing new ideas – smart solutions and the latest innovations in facility design and operation management.
- Achieving significant capital and operations savings with new technologies including Advance Food Production Systems.
- Providing state-of-the-art research of the best possible foodservice equipment – material products and operational supplies.
- The firm’s philosophy is the simplest design is often the best providing multi-function flexibility and cost cutting.
- Achieving lower production cost per square foot while maintaining flexibility, practicality and maximum cost control.